Flatfishes are intriguing animals that undergo extreme metamorphosis.
What does FLX stand for?
FLX stands for Flatfishes
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FLX
We have 3 other meanings of FLX in our Acronym Attic
- For, Let, Where, Order By, Return (XQuery)
- For, Let, Where, Return
- Force Level Warfare Systems
- FedLine Web Savings Bonds
- Fast Lifting Wavelet Transform
- Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (gaming)
- Family Laity Women and Youth
- Federal Learning eXchange
- Field Leadership Exercise (US Army)
- Finger Lakes (New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This finding opens the possibility that these flatfishes had similar reactions, but our experiment just did not have the statistical power to detect them.
It's always sad to see a sole or plaice drowning in a heavy sauce - they do nothing for flatfishes.
Fish assemblages differed noticeably among the inner, middle, and outer domains in the EBS; many species (sculpins, poachers, and eelpouts) primarily inhabited a single domain and many flatfishes and skates inhabited all three domains (Kaimmer (1); Kinder and Schumacher, 1981; Smith and Bakkala, 1982: Tables 1 and 2).