Section II describes the sample of Dutch auction and fixed-price tender offers, their stated purposes, and tendering firm characteristics.
What does FPT stand for?
FPT stands for Fixed-Price Tender (finance)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FPT
We have 89 other meanings of FPT in our Acronym Attic
- Fiat Powertrain Technologies
- Field Practical Training (agriculture)
- Field Programmable Technology
- File Popularity Table (computer caches)
- Filter/Pressure Transducer
- Fine Pitch Technology
- Fire Prevention Technician
- Fire Protection Technology (various organizations)
- Fixed Parameter Tractability (computing algorithms)
- Fixed Price Type
- Fleet Project Team
- Flight Path Tool (Aviation Digital Data Service; US NOAA)
- Follow-On Production Test
- Fonction Publique Territoriale (French: Public Service Region)
- Food Protection Trends (International Association for Food Protection publication)
- Force Protection Team
- Force Protection Tool
- Forced Perfect Termination
- Formation Professionnelle et Technique (French: Vocational and Technical Training)
- Formatted Product Tool (US GSA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said that Thursday's announcement "allows us the possibility to do it on-market without a fixed-price tender.
This strategy was implemented after the group was hit by a series of loss-making contracts won through fixed-price tenders.
To circumvent the uncertainty surrounding the quantity and timing of shares truly acquired in repurchase programs and to measure their long-term impact, we examine Dutch auctions and fixed-price tender offers.
The group almost collapsed in the mid 1990s as it was dogged by loss-making contracts won by fixed-price tenders.
Studying fixed-price tender offers may be informative because these offers are typically much larger than open market transactions.
During the 1980s, Dutch auctions became a popular alternative to fixed-price tender offers as a means of self-tendering shares of common stock.