Tops/sweaters Light-fingered celebrities Antony Worrall Thompson joins a host of female stars who have been caught helping themselves to a five-finger discount.
What does FFD stand for?
FFD stands for Five-Finger Discount (slang for stealing)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FFD
We have 75 other meanings of FFD in our Acronym Attic
- Files for Deletion (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Final Fantasy Dynamics
- Financing for Development
- Finger Floor Distance (measurement used in spinal assessments)
- First Field Dressing
- First Fit Decreasing (computer science algorithm)
- First Floor, Down Productions (est. 2007)
- Fit For Duty
- Fitchburg Fire Department (Fitchburg, MA)
- Fitness for Duty
- Fixed Flexion Deformity
- Flame Failure Device
- Flash&Flex Developer's Magazine
- FlashFiler Database (Turbopower Software file extension)
- Flint Fire Department (Flint, Michigan)
- Focal-Film Distance
- Focus Film Distance (radiography, distance between the X-ray source and the film)
- Form Format Definition
- Forward Flank Downdraft (weather)
- Forward Flight Deck
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supermarket staff, shocked that a celeb of his standing would even dare risk a five-finger discount, installed secret cameras before shopping the 60-year-old to the cops.
Best of all, even better than the five-finger discounts, it likes a legitimate cause it can latch on to and eventually hijack, not least because of the lack of effort involved.
Byline: TONY BONNICI THEY are rich, famous and fabulously successful - but certain celebrities aren't averse to a five-finger discount when they're out shopping.