Set up nearly three years ago by the Scottish Government, they brought together the functions of the Fisheries Research Services, the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency and the Marine Directorate.
What does FRS stand for?
FRS stands for Fisheries Research Services (Aberdeen, Scotland)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FRS
We have 214 other meanings of FRS in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Reporting Standard (UK Accounting Standards Board)
- Financial Reporting System
- Financial Risk Solutions (various locations)
- Fire and Rescue Service
- Fire Research Station (UK)
- Firefighters' Retirement System
- First Repository States
- First Responder Service (LeadsOnline)
- First return stroke
- Fisher-Rosemount Systems (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
and UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, and Scotland's Fisheries Research Services Freshwater Laboratory) present 18 papers on periphyton ecology as it relates to aquaculture.
Methods Fisheries Research Services (FRS) fisheries inspectors have sampled fish from throughout Scotland for pathogens, including IPNV, for many years.
Scientists from the Fisheries Research Services Marine Laboratory in Aberdeen joined experts from Norway and the Faroe Islands in the study.
Scientists at the Government-funded Fisheries Research Services laboratory are working furiously to find a solution.