Abstract--Squaretail coralgrouper (Plectropomus areolatus) were captured and tagged at a fish spawning aggregation (FSA) site with conventional and acoustic tags to assess their vulnerability to fishing and spatial dynamics during reproductive periods.
What does FSA stand for?
FSA stands for Fish Spawning Aggregation (reproduction)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSA
We have 469 other meanings of FSA in our Acronym Attic
- Finnish Society of Anesthesiologists
- Finnish Society of Automation
- Fire Safety Administrator
- Fire Services Administration (various schools)
- Fire Station Alerting (software)
- Fire Support Area
- Fire Suppression Assistance
- Firing Set Assay
- Firm-Specific Advantage
- First Sergeants Academy
- Flexible Spending Account (employee benefit offered by some companies)
- Flexible Staffing Arrangement (various locations)
- Flextronics (Shah Alam) Sdn Bhd
- Floating Storage Offloading Vessel (oil industry)
- Floating Suction Arm
- Florida Sheriffs Association
- Florida Shuffleboard Association
- Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
- Florida Space Authority
- Florida Staffing Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Observations in the literature of reef fish spawning aggregations occurring on the outer reef edge, on seaward extensions or promontories, near the shelf-edge break, on the reef slope or near drop-offs are numerous (Randall and Randall, 1963; Smith, 1972; Munro, 1974; Colin, 1992; Shapiro et al.
We logged over 270 hours of underwater monitoring of reef fish spawning aggregations at Turneffe Elbow and Gladden Spit, primarily from the full-moon to the new-moon from March to July from 2000 through 2002.