Does your first sergeant stand in front of the formation and pass out information directly to the Soldiers, or does he rely on the platoon sergeants and squad leaders to relay information?
What does 1STSGT stand for?
1STSGT stands for First Sergeant (United States Marine Corps)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Single-Resolution Source Code
- Sudden Death (police incident code)
- First Sergeant
- First Sergeant
- One-Copy Serializable
- First Captain of the Maintop (US Navy Rank)
- First Captain of Tops (US Navy Rank)
- Musician First (US Navy rank)
- FirstAlpha Ltd (UK new media company)
- Truancy (police incident code)
- One True Brace Style (programming style)
- Technische Richtlinie Nr. 6 (older German ISDN protocol, replaced by DSS1)
- 1 Unit
- 1-Methyluric Acid (caffeine metabolite)
- First Universal Player
- One Version
- Vehicle Collision (police incident code)
- One Vs. One (sports)
- 1Voice 1Vision Ltd. (talent database; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
the first sergeant looked like the model for a recruiting poster.
Connecticut Army National Guard First Sergeant (now Sergeant Major) Daniel Lawler, 143d Military Police Company (now assigned to the 192d Military Police Battalion) and Master Sergeant (now First Sergeant) Dominick Derasmo, 143 d Military Police Company, were invested into the coveted Order of the Marechaussee on 7 August 2010.
I used these same principles as a platoon sergeant, first sergeant and command sergeant major, to teach all of my NCOPD lessons.
The men each described killing one of the Iraqi detainees, as directed by First Sergeant John E Hatley, according to the statements.
Mains Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Edward Marshall First Sergeant (Retired) Gerald L.