The First Minister said that The Sun's Page Three - which features a bare-breasted woman daily along with a short commentary on a topical issue - was "inappropriate in this day and age", in a response in First Minister's Questions.
What does FMQ stand for?
FMQ stands for First Minister's Questions (Scottish Parliament)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FMQ
We have 5 other meanings of FMQ in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Management and Procurement Unit (World Bank)
- First Motion Picture Unit (World War II)
- Force Military Police Unit (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Faysal M. Qahtani Sons Co (Saudi Arabia)
- Federación Mundial de Quiroprÿctica (World Federation of Chiropractic)
- Fédération des Maisons de Quartier (French: Federation of Neighborhood Houses)
- Fédération Motocycliste du Québec (French: Quebec Motorcycle Federation; Quebec, Canada)
- Fiat Money Quantity
- Financial Management Questionnaire (various organizations)
- Finnish Music Quarterly (est. 1985; Finnish musical culture)
Samples in periodicals archive:
First Minister's Questions yesterday was duly dominated by this arcane debate about Europe which is largely irrelevant to the lives of most people.
But many, it seems, are increasingly disgruntled by the showpiece First Minister's Questions time in the Senedd.
LONG QUESTION, SHORT ANSWER BEST question-and-answer moment from First Minister's Questions last week.
Swinney was so scared of being shown up that he did not want Roseanna to stand in for him at First Minister's Questions and instead chose Kenny MacAskill to do the honours.
During First and Deputy First Minister's questions in the Northern Ireland Assembly, Ulster Unionist leader, David Trimble, challenged republicans to state if they had maintained their links.
SIR - At First Minister's Questions, Carwyn Jones said that the Government were actively seeking powers to borrow money and raise taxes even though the Silk Commission has not deliberated yet.
I WRONGLY believed that in First Minister's Questions, Alex Salmond has to answer questions, not ask them.