Furthermore, research showed that if two electrodes were stimulated nonsimultaneously at two separate sites along the cochlea, a sensation was experienced with two components [107-108] that was equivalent to the first formant frequency (F1) and F2 in vowels.
What does F1 stand for?
F1 stands for First Formant Frequency (speech acoustics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of F1
We have 2 other meanings of F1 in our Acronym Attic
- Feed:Gain Ratio
- Facilitatory to Inhibitory
- Free-to-Total Serum Prostate Specific Antigen (ratio; prostate cancer staging)
- Folding@home (distributed computing project)
- Fast Accurate Reliable
- Center Frequency
- F-Zero (video game)
- Forum (or message board)
- Fundamental Frequency (acoustics)
- F-Zero GX (video game)