A natural next stop was the First African Baptist Church, the country's oldest (from 1773), where decorative diamond-shaped holes in the chapel floor provided air for Underground Railroad "passengers.
What does FABC stand for?
FABC stands for First African Baptist Church (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FABC
We have 15 other meanings of FABC in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Antique Bucket Brigade
- Florida Association of Blood Banks (est. 1947)
- Farm Assured British Beef and Lamb (UK)
- Foundation for the Advancement of Behavioral and Brain Sciences (Washington, DC)
- Faith Alliance Bible Church
- Federation of Asian Bishops Conference
- Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils (Australia)
- Fellow of The Advisory Board Company
- Fellow of the American Board of Criminalistics (American Board of Criminalistics, Inc.)
- Fellowship of Animal Behaviour Clinicians (Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourists)
- Forest Alliance of British Columbia (Canada)
- Fourteenth Avenue Baptist Church (Sacramento, California)
- French American Banking Corporation
- Friends of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Federation of Asian Bishops' Conference-Office of Education and Student Chaplaincy
- Federation of Asian Bishops Conference - Office of Human Development
- Federation of Asian Bishops Conference-Office of Social Communications (Philippines)
- For African Business and Consumer Services (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Foundation for African Business and Consumer Services (South Africa)
- Farmington Asylum Business District (Hartford, CT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Three early PSFS depositors appear to have been associated with the First African Baptist Church at 8th and Vine Streets.
Rance Pettibone, pastor of the First African Baptist Church, Brunswick, Ga.
Manis delivered his paper during the Friday evening session, held at First African Baptist Church in Savannah, the oldest African-American Baptist congregation in the United States.
Where to worship: Founded in 1773, First African Baptist Church (23 Montgomery St.