For those unfamiliar with Illinois' "gun control" laws, obtaining a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID) from the Illinois State Police is a requirement for residents to legally possess firearms or ammunition.
What does FOID stand for?
FOID stands for Firearms Owner Identification
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FOID
We have 1 other meaning of FOID in our Acronym Attic
- Forest Officer in Charge (Canada)
- Formula One Investment Club
- Freedom of Information Clearinghouse
- Freedom of Information Commission
- Freedom of Information Coordinator (Canada)
- Freedom of Information Council
- Fundamentals of Inventory Control (course)
- Furnished by Owner, Installed by Contractor
- Fiber Optic Interconnection Box
- Face of Invoice Discount
- First Out in Default (lending terms)
- Form of Identification
- Friends of Irish Freedom (est. 1916)
- Freedom of Information Filer and Archive (UK Citizens Online Democracy project; Londond, England, UK)
- Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas
- Fair of the Iron Horse (locomotive exhibition)
- Foundations of Information and Knowledge Systems
- Far Out Instrument Language (music/sound programming language)
- Fiber Optic Integration Lab
- File Oriented Interpretive Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
The problem has recently taken a new turn in Illinois, which is one of the few states that requires a firearms owner identification (FOID) card, which means the state has a list of every person who legally owns a gun.
FIREARMS OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD--A CHARMING LITTLE BIT OF Orwellian totalitarianism inflicted on the good people of Illinois by a state government so corrupt that T-shirts and bumper stickers proclaim, "Illinois, where our governors make our license plates.