With a wide variety of platforms that include seven Stryker variants--command vehicle (CV), nuclear biological chemical reconnaissance vehicle (NBCRV), reconnaissance vehicle (RV), anti-tank guided missile vehicle (ATGM), fire support vehicle (FSV), mortar carrier vehicle (MCV), and engineer squad vehicle (ESV), some with and most without stabilized remote weapon systems (RWS)--finding the right gunnery manual was the first challenge.
What does FSV stand for?
FSV stands for Fire Support Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSV
We have 44 other meanings of FSV in our Acronym Attic
- Feature Selective Validation (electrical engineering)
- Feline Sarcoma Virus
- Female Sexuality Violence
- Fern Society of Victoria Inc (Australia)
- Field Support Vessel
- Fighting System Vehicle
- File Storage Virtualization
- Final Settlement Value
- Final Systolic Volume (cardiology)
- Finite State Verification (software quality assurance)
- Fisheries Survey Vessel (US NOAA)
- Flexible Sheet Veneer
- Flexural-Slip Veins
- Flow Safety Valve (oil industry)
- Fonds de Solidarité Vieillesse (French: Old Age Solidarity Fund)
- Food Safety Victoria (Australia)
- Force Sale Value (finance)
- Formula Super Vee (racing cars)
- Fort Saint Vrain (decommissioned nuclear generation station near Platteville, CO)
- Forward Solenoid Valve
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's an infantry carrier, a recon vehicle, a command vehicle, a medical vehicle, a fire support vehicle, a mortar vehicle, an anti-tank vehicle, and it will also be an NBC--nuclear, biological, and chemical--vehicle and a mobile gun system.
The Cougar direct fire support vehicle and the Grizzly and MII3 personnel carriers are also inadequate and new equipment has not been procured in sufficient quantity to outfit the entire force.
In an attempt to convert what is normally a wheeled armoured personnel carrier into a more potent fire support vehicle, the turret and gun from a BMP-3 has been grafted onto the position normally occupied by a 30 mm 2A42 cannon.