The Fire Brigades Union claimed that the service was being downgraded "behind the scenes" without proper public debate.
What does FBU stand for?
FBU stands for Fire Brigades Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FBU
We have 9 other meanings of FBU in our Acronym Attic
- Fixed Broadband Termination Unit (wireless communications)
- Fyns Bord Tennis Union (Denmark)
- Frog Blast the Vent Core (Marathon game)
- Fans Bring the Weapons (Combat Zone Wrestling)
- Fine Be That Way
- From Behind These Walls (band)
- Fort Bliss, Texas
- Faciliteiten Bedrijf Utrecht
- Fast Binding Update
- Federal Benefits Unit (Social Security, Medicare)
- Fluidized Bed Unit
- Foundry Business Unit
- Franc Burundais (national currency)
- Fraternité Blanche Universelle (French: Universal White Brotherhood)
- Oslo, Norway - Fornebu (Airport Code)
- False Bay Underwater Club (South Africa)
- Forms-Based User Interface
- Framebuffer User Interface (In-Kernel Windowing System for Linux)
- Flood Brook Union School (Londonderry, VT)
- Fluorescein Break-Up Time (dry eye testing technique)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Fire Brigades Union said they would create a postcode lottery for people calling 999.
In the North East- where the intention was to provide one centre for the Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, Durham and Cleveland brigades - the scheme was opposed by Fire Brigades Union and almost universally loathed on Teesside.
THE Fire Brigades Union in Wales is to petition Welsh MPs to campaign against cuts to the fire service.
However, the Fire Brigades Union said the result was "not good" for the fire service.
THE Fire Brigades Union said it will conduct its own investigation into the deaths of two firefighters killed in a tower block blaze.
If the offer is accepted by members of the Fire Brigades Union it would cost South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service about pounds 1.