An official ceremony was held on January 15 at Finnish Air Force headquarters in Tikkakoski to mark the delivery by ThalesRaytheonSystems of a Ground Master 400 (GM 400) long-range air defense radar system.
What does FAF stand for?
FAF stands for Finnish Air Force
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAF
We have 118 other meanings of FAF in our Acronym Attic
- Fifty Amp Fuse (band)
- File and Forget
- Film Arts Foundation (San Francsisco, CA)
- Final Approach Fix
- Financial Accounting Foundation
- Financial Aid Form
- Financial Aid Fund (various organizations)
- Find a Facilitator (Mid-Atlantic Facilitators Network)
- Fine Arts Facility (Westlake High School; Austin, TX)
- Fine Arts Festival
- First Amendment Foundation (Florida)
- First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA)
- First Appearance Facility (parking ticket cancellation guidelines; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Fish and Fisheries (journal; Wiley)
- FishAmerica Foundation
- Flora Academic Foundation
- Fondation Alliance Française (French: French Alliance Foundation)
- Fonds d'Assurance Formation (French: Insurance Training Fund)
- Foreign Accumulation Fund (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 million Deliver 152 Vision Elite tractors on 35- tonne low-boy trailers Saab SEK 296 million Supply components for multi-purpose Carl- Gustaf Company From Whom Northrop Grumman US Navy Saab Australian Air Force Patria Finnish Air Force Northrop Grumman US Navy Saab Simrad Optronics Northrop Grumman Egyptian Air Force Qinetiq Royal Army/RAF Thales Australia Australia CAE UK RSA BAE Systems Boeing Northrop Grumman US Navy Rockwell Collins Air Force Saab France Sikorsky US Coast Guard Northrop Grumman US Army ESRI UK MoD BVR Systems Undisclosed Data Link Solutions US Navy Sarantel Iridium Minewolf US DoD Mack Trucks US Army Saab Undisclosed
It also has the world's longest word - lentokonesuihku-turbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoal-iupseerioppilas - a rank in the Finnish air force.
The small but well trained Finnish Air Force had a superb combat record during the Winter War.
With proven low fuel burn for extended range and excellent takeoff performance from hot airfields, the CFM-56 has also been selected by the Air Force, Finnish Air Force and the Royal Air Force to power their re-engined or new KC-135R, C-135FR, KE-3 and E-6 tactical and strategic aircraft.
The disappearances, which have lasted from a couple of seconds to several minutes, have affected Finnair's and SAS's DC-9 and MD-80 aircraft, the JetFlite Falcon, the Jak-40 aircraft, Piper-31 aircraft from the Finnish air force and private Cessna 402 and 208 aircraft.