For years executives have faced the increasing volume and complexity of financial reporting from the growing intricacy and sophistication of investments and insurance products, and complex financial and actuarial valuation models.
What does FiRE stand for?
FiRE stands for Financial Reporting
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FiRE
We have 87 other meanings of FiRE in our Acronym Attic
- Final Interface Requirements and Design Review
- Factor Information REtrieval (US EPA system)
- Families Ignited for Revival & Evangelism
- Fast Imaging Ranicon Experiment
- Febrile Infection-Related Epilepsy Syndrome (disease)
- Fédération Île-de-France de Recherche sur l'Environnement (French environment research federation)
- Feed Intake Recording System
- Filing Information Returns Electronically
- Finance, Insurance and Real Estate (banks, credit agencies, investment companies, brokers and dealers of securities and commodities, security and commodity exchanges, insurance agents, buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, etc.)
- Financial Independence Retire Early
- Find Inform Restrict Extinguish (steps to take when a fire is discovered)
- Fingerprint Inquiry and Retrieval Engine (University of Missouri)
- Finnish Information Retrieval Experts Group (Finland)
- Fire Information and Rescue Equipment
- Fire, Insurance and Real Estate (economic sector)
- First ISCCP Regional Experiment
- FLAMES Interactive Runtime Executable
- Flexible Intelligent Routing Engine
- Flexible Intra-AS Routing Environment
- Flight Investigation of the Reentry Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
; 2006 Business Fairy Tales: Grim Realities of Fictitious Financial Reporting By Cecil W.
Financial reporting is facing a crisis of credibility.
Its stated mission is: COSO is a voluntary private-sector organization dedicated to improving the quality of financial reporting through business ethics, effective internal controls and corporate governance.
Recent large and highly publicized breakdowns in the financial reporting process have caused us to step back, to assess the root causes of these breakdowns, and to put forth meaningful, and in some cases unprecedented, proposals for change.
Scheduling also is easy for depreciation, where financial reporting and tax lives and methods are known.