LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A former Southern California community college financial aid officer and an accomplice have pleaded not guilty to allegations that they swindled the government by taking out federal student loans in straw borrowers' names.
What does FAO stand for?
FAO stands for Financial Aid Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAO
We have 134 other meanings of FAO in our Acronym Attic
- Fatty Acid Oxidation
- Federal Approving Official
- Federal Archaeology Office (Canada)
- Field Air Only (paintball)
- Field Artillery Operator
- Field Audit Office (DCAA)
- Final Administrative Order (law)
- Final Agency Order
- Finance & Accounting Office(r)
- Finance and Accounting Outsourcing
- Financial and Administrative Officer (various organizations)
- Financial Assistance Office (various organizations)
- Finish All Over
- Fire Alarm Office (various locations)
- Fire Apparatus Operator
- First Africa Oil Plc (London, UK)
- Fiscal Affairs Office (EU)
- Fiscal Agent Organization (healthcare)
- Fishermen's Advocacy Organization
- Fleet Administration Office (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, students who have few loans from one source maybe discouraged from consolidation, says Derek Kindle, a financial aid officer at Howard.
College financial aid officers are prohibited from taking the merit award into account when they make need-based awards, meaning that students who earned the scholarship would not have their need-based grant aid reduced, as is common.
Thus HBCU stands in for "historically black college or university" and FAO, isn't affiliated with the fungous toy store, but stands for financial aid officer.
In September IFAC issued a study intended to help government financial aid officers and accountants develop and implement cost accounting in a government environment.