For a variety of reasons, however, library document delivery networks do not currently take full advantage of HTTP, relying instead on the earlier file transfer protocol (FTP) for the interchange of documents between sites.
What does FTP stand for?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FTP
We have 194 other meanings of FTP in our Acronym Attic
- Family Transition Place (Ontario, Canada)
- Fast Track Program
- Fawcette Technical Publications
- Federal Test Procedure
- Federal Theatre Project
- Feel the Pain
- Fiber Termination Panel (Sprint)
- Field Training Preparation (USAF ROTC)
- Fight the Power
- File Transfer Process (less common)
- Final Technical Proposal
- Fire Test Procedure (international code; marine transportation)
- Fire Treated Plywood
- First Time Pass
- First Time Patient
- First Time Poster (social media)
- First to Post (message board)
- First Tranche Petroleum (energy sharing)
- First-order Theorem Proving (International Workshop)
- Fitness to Practise (medicine; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For large files or large groups of files, companies may file transfer protocol (FTP) the files overnight.
The solution can automatically recognise the file transfer protocol of the incoming call, eliminating the need to configure a specific set up in advance.