Fibromyalgia syndrome is a chronic disorder characterized by widespread pain and reduced pressure pain threshold (tender points) People with fibromyalgia may also experience fatigue, sleep disturbances, morning stiffness, increased headaches or facial pain, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness and problems multitasking.
What does FM stand for?
FM stands for Fibromyalgia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FM
We have 98 other meanings of FM in our Acronym Attic
- Fecal Matter
- Fecit Monumentum (Latin: Built A Monument, epigraphy)
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Federal Methodology (financial need determination formula)
- Federated States of Micronesia (US postal abbreviation)
- Femtometer (10 E^-15, one quadrillionth of a meter)
- Ferdinand Marcos
- Fetal Movement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Background on Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and tenderness in localized areas of the neck, spine, shoulders, and hips called "tender points.
Review the following 'Questions To Ask' about fibromyalgia so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your health care professional.
The classic symptoms of fibromyalgia are widespread pain, tenderness, fatigue and problems sleeping.