Fibroblast growth factor receptor expression in aural polyps: Predictor of cholesteatoma?
What does FGFR stand for?
FGFR stands for Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FGFR
We have 2 other meanings of FGFR in our Acronym Attic
- First Guardian Financial Corporation (New York)
- Full Gospel Fellowship Church (Danville, VA)
- Full Gospel Fukuoka Church (Fukuoka, Japan)
- Fair Garden Family Community Center (Knoxville, TN)
- Full Gospel Fellowship of Churches and Ministers (Canada)
- Free Graphics for Everyone (website)
- Florida Game and Freshwater Fish Commission
- Free Grace Foundations International (Nigeria)
- Friends of the Global Fund Japan
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association, Inc. (Tallahassee, FL)
- Fresh Gas Flow Rate (anesthesia)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor Type 1
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1 Kinase (enzyme)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 (also seen as FGFR-2)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 3 (gene that can mutate, causing achondroplasia)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor-4 (protein)
- Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute (Finland)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor-Like 1
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Regulated Protein Gene
Samples in periodicals archive:
Temporal and spatial expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 isoforms in murine tissues.
Several autosomal dominant craniosynostosis syndromes, including Crouzon, Pfeiffer, Apert, and Jackson-Weiss syndromes, are caused by mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) gene family (1).
Last year, two groups reported that achondroplasia, the most common genetic form of dwarfism, results from a small mutation in the gene that contains the instructions for fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3), a protein needed for skeletal development in the embryo.