BACKGROUND: The fibroblast growth factor (FGF) superfamily of neurotrophic factors plays critical roles in neural cell development, brain assembly, and recovery from neuronal injury.
What does FGF stand for?
FGF stands for Fibroblast Growth Factor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FGF
We have 52 other meanings of FGF in our Acronym Attic
- Food and Gill Exchange of Toxic Substances
- Functional Group Equivalent Weight
- Fruit Growers Express
- Fake Gameplay Footage (gaming industry)
- Fake Girlfriend
- Famous Gut Feel
- Federación Gallega de Fútbol (Spain)
- Fédération des Géomètres Francophones (French: Francophone Federation of Surveyors)
- Fédération Guinéenne de Football (Guinea)
- Feel-Good Factor
- Fine Girl Friday
- Former Girlfriend
- Forschungsgemeinschaft Funk eV
- Future Generation Foundation (Egypt)
- 125I-fibroblast growth factor-1
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Type 1
- 125I-fibroblast growth factor-2
- Fibroblast Growth Factor 5 (also seen as FGF5)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor and its Receptor
- Fibroblast Growth Factor 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tokyo, Japan, Dec 22, 2005 - (JCN) - Kaken Pharmaceutical announced on December 20 that it has concluded a licensing agreement with Chinese pharmaceutical company Beijing Tide Pharmaceutical regarding FIBLAST Spray, which uses a recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and is indicated for wound healing.
Envisioned as a procedure that could be administered by interventional cardiologists, Ad5FGF-4 involves a one-time administration of an adenoviral gene therapy vector containing the human Fibroblast Growth Factor 4 (FGF4) angiogenic gene delivered into the coronary arteries through a standard catheter.
The command may come in the form of secreted proteins such as activin or fibroblast growth factor.
Among the compounds that induce angiogenesis are the human proteins known as fibroblast growth factors (FGF).