The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA) and its sister association, the Fibre Channel Industry Association-Japan (FCIA-J), recently announced that its members have ratified the extension of the Fibre Channel roadmap to include 8Gbs Fibre Channel (8GFC) for copper backplanes and copper cable storage device interconnects.
What does FCIA stand for?
FCIA stands for Fibre Channel Industry Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FCIA
We have 21 other meanings of FCIA in our Acronym Attic
- Fuel-Coolant Interaction (vapor explosion)
- Fujairah Cement Industries (United Arab Emirates)
- Full Configuration Interaction
- Full-Color Illustrations (publishing)
- Functional Configuration Identification
- Fundación Centroamericana Por La Integración (Spanish: Central American Foundation for Integration)
- Furnish Charging Information (sent from SCP to SSP to control CDR generation)
- Futureway Communications, Inc. (now FCI Broadband, Inc.; Canada)
- Fire Contents Inventory/Contents Inventory (insurance)
- Fellow of Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- Fine Chocolate Industry Association (Seattle, WA)
- Firestop Contractors International Association
- First Commonwealth Insurance Agency, Inc. (Indiana, PA)
- Foreign Credit Insurance Association
- Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 (US DHHS)
- Fuzhou Changle International Airport (China)
- Fiscal Control and Internal Auditing Act (Illinois)
- Florida Clean Indoor Air Act
- Florida Crime and Intelligence Analyst Association (est. 1995)
- Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA) successfully completed the second of three Large Group Test Periods (LGTPs) scheduled for 2001.
Malavalli chairs the NCITS T11 committee and is a member of the board of the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and the Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA), which promotes Fibre Channel technologies and related products.
MARK: Sure, it's too early to attribute any new hardware products directly to the new Fibre Channel Industry Association.