Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (commonly referred to as FEES) is a procedure provided to dysphagia patients residing in Skilled Nursing Facilities and other long term care settings.
What does FEES stand for?
FEES stands for Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FEES
We have 14 other meanings of FEES in our Acronym Attic
- Front End Engineering Package
- Fulbright Educational Exchange Program (educational grant)
- Far Eastern Economic Review (Hong Kong business magazine)
- Field Even-Echo Rephasing
- Fonds Enregistré de Revenu de Retraite (French: Fund Registered Retirement Income; Canada Revenue Agency)
- Foreign Exchange Encashment Receipt (Nepal)
- Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rate
- Future Earnings and Employment Record (UK)
- Federal Environmental Emergency Response Centre (Russia)
- Fuels, Engines and Emissions Research Center (United States Department of Energy)
- Field Evaluation & Examinations System
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Floquet Edge-Excited Surface
- Florida Energy Extension Service
- Foraminal Epidural Endoscopic Surgery
- Friends of Environmental Education Society of Alberta (Canada)
- Fostering Employment in the Environmental Sector in Europe (conference)
- Field-Emitted Electron Spin-Polarization
- Further Education Early Student Statistics
- Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing with Sensory Testing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Assessing penetration and aspiration: How do videofluoroscopy and fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing compare?
Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing detected a moderate residue in the hypopharynx on swallow with solids and thick liquids, but no aspiration.
Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing with Sensory Testing (FEESST) Policy.