Thus, it is another example of the fetal origins of adult disease syndrome.
What does FOAD stand for?
FOAD stands for Fetal Origins of Adult Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FOAD
We have 4 other meanings of FOAD in our Acronym Attic
- Family Outdoor Adventure Club (Livonia, MI)
- Federal Office Automation Center
- Federal Office Automation Conference
- Firing on All Cylinders (leadership seminar; Jim Clemmer)
- First-Order Autocorrelation Coefficient
- Franchise Owners Association of Chicagoland (7-11; Illinois and Indiana)
- Friends of A Cockatoo (graphics)
- Friends of Animal Control (Sonora, CA)
- Future Offensive Air Capability
- Fall Over and Die
- For Order and Duty (gaming group)
- Formation Ouverte À Distance (French: e-learning)
- Forward Operating Avionics Division
- Freak Off And Die (polite form)
- Freak Off And Die, In That Order (Polite Form)
- Fixed Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer
- Freak Off And Die You Moron (polite form)
- Freak Off and Die, You Pathetic Wanker (polite form)
- Fiber Optic Acoustic Emission
- Friends of Africa Education (West St. Paul, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Information: Mrs Bronwen Parnall, FOAD Centre Administrator, Fetal Origins of Adult Disease Centre, Level F (887), Princess Anne Hospital Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK, +44-20-8977 0011, fax: +44-23-80786933, e-mail: 2wc@foad2003.
The first world congress on the fetal origins of adult disease, sponsored by the British Medical Journal, is scheduled for Feb.