The device will measure sound signals from the mother's abdomen and determine the fetal heart rate, fetal breathing rate and fetal movements, and will alert the mother if there is a problem with the baby and if she needs further obstetric assessment or intervention.
What does FM stand for?
FM stands for Fetal Movement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FM
We have 98 other meanings of FM in our Acronym Attic
- February, March (budget times in Indian states)
- Fecal Matter
- Fecit Monumentum (Latin: Built A Monument, epigraphy)
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Federal Methodology (financial need determination formula)
- Federated States of Micronesia (US postal abbreviation)
- Femtometer (10 E^-15, one quadrillionth of a meter)
- Ferdinand Marcos
Samples in periodicals archive:
The hands would assess the fetal size and the fetal growth, and the mother would report fetal movements or the lack thereof.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Case 2 A 30-year-old woman, 39 weeks pregnant, presented for a late third trimester US with a history of decreased fetal movements.
Each clip was sandwiched between two "neutral" samples so that the team could measure any changes in fetal movements against a baseline, reports New Scientist.
But these tests showed us that it's the reduction in fetal movement that in turn impairs normal skeletal development.
An absence of fetal movement was reported since 39 weeks' gestation, no fetal heartbeat could be identified with cardiotocography and intrauterine death was diagnosed.