Hall's second deployment was to FOB Pasab, where she served as the civil affairs officer and as team leader for the Army's Female Engagement Teams.
What does FET stand for?
FET stands for Female Engagement Team (US Marine Corps)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FET
We have 88 other meanings of FET in our Acronym Attic
- Facilities Engineering Team
- Fair and Equitable Treatment (Bilateral Investment Treaty; international law)
- Falange Española Tradicionalista (Spanish political party)
- Familial Essential Tremor
- Fast Ethernet Transceiver
- Federal Election Tribunal
- Federal Electoral Tribunal judiciary For electoral misconducts)
- Federal Excise Tax
- Fédération Espérantiste du Travail (French: Esperanto Federation of Labor)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transition to the Female Engagement Teams (FET) in Afghanistan.
To bridge the cultural gap with the Afghan people, the Army's new female engagement teams helped relieve male medics from treating or conversing with the local Afghan females unless the situation threatened life, limb, or eyesight.
Regional Command Southwest Press Room, Female Engagement Team (USMC), http:// regionalcommandsouthwest.
The 48 women in the US Army's Female Engagement Team help with nonmilitary operations such as medical visits and educational programmes.
One example was the use of female engagement teams in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, where the female patrol units would engage and speak with female Afghans, as it is against the culture for Afghan women to speak with men.