He once commented (in an interview with The Spectator in September 2002) that 'it was worth sacrificing your chances of becoming a fellow of the British Academy, a vice-chancellor or an emeritus professor for the sheer relief of uttering the truth'.
What does FBA stand for?
FBA stands for Fellow of the British Academy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FBA
We have 151 other meanings of FBA in our Acronym Attic
- Fumonisin B2 (mycotoxin)
- Force XXI Brigade and Below Command and Control
- Faceless Background Application (computer application lacking a controlling GUI)
- Facilities Budget Activity
- Family Benefits Assistance (Canada)
- Family Business Australia (trade organization)
- Fan-Beam Antenna
- Fantasy Basketball League
- Federal Bar Association
- Fentress Bradburn Architects (Denver, CO)
- Fernand, Bicker & Associados (graphic design; Portugal)
- Fibre Box Association (North America)
- Field Benefit Administration (OBGC)
- Fighter Bomber Attack
- FileMaker Business Alliance (promotional group)
- FinalBurn Alpha (arcade game emulator)
- Financial Business Analysis
- Fire Behavior Analyst
- First Baptist Academy (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Knighted in 2012 for services to scholarship, MacCulloch is a specialist in early modern history and a fellow of the British Academy.
A Fellow of the British Academy, Prof Lambert also held honorary positions abroad, including at the University of Paris.
Prof Putnam is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the British Academy.
As well as being a Fellow of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, David holds the gold medal of the Royal Television Society and received the Roberto Rossellini award in Cannes in 1987 for Channel 4, where he helped to develop Brookside, as well as Film Four.
Dr Feldstein is a member of the American Philosophical Society, a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy, a Fellow of the Econometric Society and a Fellow of the National Association of Business Economics.