She was inducted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing in recognition of the national and international impact of her needlestick injury prevention advocacy, and, in 2006, she was honored as a Living Legend by MARN.
What does FAAN stand for?
FAAN stands for Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAAN
We have 12 other meanings of FAAN in our Acronym Attic
- Fellow of the American Academy of Medical Ethics
- Fellow of the American Association on Mental Retardation
- Family of Anti-Air Missiles System
- First Aid Approvals and Monitoring Section (Health & Safety Executive; UK)
- Fellow of the American Association of Medical Transcription
- Florida Association of the American Medical Technologists
- Families Advocating Autism Now (est. 2009)
- Farm Animal Adoption Network
- Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria
- Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Financial Aid Award Notice
- First Advertising Agency Network
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Ford-Employees African-American Network
- Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools
- Federal Aviation Administration Order
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
Samples in periodicals archive:
A fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, she spent two decades working and teaching in the specialties of adult critical care and trauma and is currently a professor at New York University's Steinhardt School of Education.
Kirtek's numerous distinguished academic and professional positions include Dean of Nursing at Marquette University; founding director of the doctoral program in nursing and director of the Center for Nursing Research at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Florence Thelma Hall Distinguished Professorship in Nursing and founding director of the doctoral program at the University of Texas School of Nursing at Galveston; fellow of the American Academy of Nursing (AAN); President of the Board of Trustees of the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS); and is a past recipient of a Kellogg National Leadership Fellowship.