This is a very infectious disease caused by two viruses, feline calicivirus and feline herpesvirus.
What does FHV stand for?
FHV stands for Feline Herpesvirus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FHV
We have 6 other meanings of FHV in our Acronym Attic
- Fair Haven Union High School (Fair Haven, VT)
- Fakultas Hukum Universitas Indonesia (Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia)
- First Henderson United Methodist Church (Henderson, NV)
- Forest Hills United Methodist Church (Forest Lake, MN)
- Florida Hospital Uniform Reporting System
- Fountain Hills Unified School District (Arizona)
- Foothills United Way (Lafayette, CO)
- Fair Haven (Amtrak station code; Fair Haven, VT)
- Family History of Violence
- Fédération des Hôpitaux Vaudois (Swiss hospital federation)
- Flock House Virus
- For-Hire Vehicle
- Fractional Hypoxic Volume
- Frauenhilfsvereinigung (German: Relief Society, organization for Mormon women)
- Fuel Heating Value
- Fine Hardwood Veneer Association
- Forest Hills Volunteer Ambulance Corps (Forest Hills, NY)
- Family History Vascular Disease
- Female Hamster Vaginal Discharge
- Four Hills Village Homeowners' Association (est. 1970; Albuquerque, NM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They were the feline herpesvirus and the calicivirus.
In addition, FeBb is more common and widespread than both feline calicivirus and feline herpesvirus, previously thought to be the most responsible for kitty colds.
To screen for additional infections that might influence the health and immune status of the cats, we obtained 64 additional pharyngeal swabs on day 29 from cats with upper respiratory symptoms and tested them for nucleic acids specific for feline herpesvirus 1 (FHV-1)--and feline calicivirus (FCV).