5) Pituitary Cushing's Disease is only somewhat resistant to feedback inhibition whereas ectopic tumors producing ACTH are usually completely resistant to feedback inhibition.
What does FBI stand for?
FBI stands for Feedback Inhibition
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FBI
We have 218 other meanings of FBI in our Acronym Attic
- Family-Based Intervention
- Famous But Incompetent (common slang used by militia groups)
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- Fat Boys of Illinois
- Federal Building Industries Company LLC (Dubai, UAE)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (US government)
- Fédération Biterroise d'Improvisation (French: Federation of Beziers Improvisation)
- Federation of British Industries
- Fee-Based Income
- Feedback Information (3GPP)
- Female Body Inspectors (gaming group)
- Fenerbahce Incorporated (football team in Turkey)
- Ferrous Basic Integral (coating thickness gages on steel, ferrous substrates)
- Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity (motto, Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- Fiji Born Indian
- File Based Inserting
- File Based Installer
- File by Internet (taxation; UK)
- Finance, Banking and Insurance
- Firm Believer in Christ
Samples in periodicals archive:
Along with its numerous actions in the body, cortisol has feedback inhibition on the PVN and the anterior pituitary to control CRH or synthesis and release of ACTH.
In contrast, ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers disrupt feedback inhibition of renin release from the kidney, and diuretics affect plasma renin activity through volume depletion.
Studies indicated that lysine decarboxylase might be subject to an end-product feedback inhibition mechanism in vivo (Pelosi et al.
Thus calmodulin can act as a key molecule both in stimulation of gene transcription and other cellular events and in feedback inhibition of calcium channels.
We believe a feedback inhibition is taking effect," says Phillip L.
The initial reaction of MCE-induced depolymerization of MTs may increase the level of free tubulin and thus trigger the feedback inhibition of new tubulin synthesis.