For this purpose, the real wideness and thickness of the real chip were measured, and compared to the nominal cutting depth and feed per tooth.
What does FPT stand for?
FPT stands for Feed Per Tooth
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FPT
We have 89 other meanings of FPT in our Acronym Attic
- Freiberger Polizeisportverein eV (German police sports club)
- Frequency Protected Service Volume
- Federal Public Sector Youth Internship Program (Canada)
- Corporation for Financing and Promoting Technology (Vietnam)
- Failure of Passive Transfer (biology)
- Fan Powered Terminal
- Farnesyl Protein Transerase
- Fast Processing Technology
- Federal-Provincial-Territorial (Canada)
- Federasi Panjat Tebing (Indonesia)
- Female Pipe Thread
- Fiat Powertrain Technologies
- Field Practical Training (agriculture)
- Field Programmable Technology
- File Popularity Table (computer caches)
- Filter/Pressure Transducer
- Fine Pitch Technology
- Fire Prevention Technician
- Fire Protection Technology (various organizations)
- Fixed Parameter Tractability (computing algorithms)
Samples in periodicals archive:
040" width of cut, cutting 3/4" deep, with a feed per tooth of 0.
The feed will become even higher if a smaller cutter diameter is chosen, provided that the feed per tooth and the number of teeth is unchanged.
An increase in the feed per tooth causes both a decrease in the occurrence of type-I and an increase in the occurrence of type-II damage; the latter achieving a 100 percent occurrence at the heaviest condition of 0.
5 to 3 times for an increase of the feed per tooth of 4 times; increase of transversal forced vibrations amplitude is approx.
Special end cut gash and offset teeth allow for large depths of cut and maximum feed per tooth, literally blasting chips away.
Using ultra-fine diamond grains, the cutting edge also offers superior chipping resistance in milling applications, plus higher feed per tooth, so less inserts are required in a milling cutter.
The job is run at a speed of 2,400 sfm, a feed rate of 80 ipm, a feed per tooth rate of 0.