A Federation Against Copyright Theft spokesman said: "The quality of these discs is extremely poor and the money goes to organised crime in the city.
What does FACT stand for?
FACT stands for Federation Against Copyright Theft (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FACT
We have 192 other meanings of FACT in our Acronym Attic
- False Accusations Court Trouble
- Family and Children's Trust Fund (Virginia)
- Family Assistance Crisis Team(s)
- Farmers Adopting Computer Training (North Carolina)
- Fashion, Arts, Culture, Technology
- Fast Acting Control Transfer
- Fast Asymptotic Coherent Transmission
- Fast, Accurate, Concise, and True
- Fatal Accident Complaint Team (Michigan State Police)
- Fathers Are Capable Too
- Federation of American Consumers and Travelers
- Federation of Associations of Canadian Tamils
- Federation of Automated Coding Technologies
- Field Advance Civilian Team (US DoD)
- Field Assembled Cable Termination (subsea cable termination)
- Field Assessment and Coordination Team (Red Cross)
- Fighter Aircrew Conditioning Test (high G fitness exam)
- Find and Compare Tool (IBM)
- Fine Arts Center Theater (Western New Mexico University)
- First Amendment Cyber-Tribune (online newspaper)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After Vickerman was jailed for four years at Newcastle Crown Court in August, his blog was updated with comments about the judge, counsel, the Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) and Lord Justice Leveson Those comments were not the subject of the contempt proceedings, but Vickerman also gave web links to documents provided to his defence team by the prosecution that had not been aired during the trial.
After Anton Vickerman, from Gateshead, was jailed for four years at Newcastle Crown Court in August, his blog was updated with comments about the judge, counsel and the Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact).
Most prosecutions are brought by the Media Protection Services or Federation against Copyright Theft.
Now the joint crackdown has seen both organisations win a Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT) award for "outstanding efforts in tackling serious criminal activity in audio-visual piracy".