Under the provisions of the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996, BellSouth had to demonstrate to state and federal regulators that its local telephone market is open to competitors.
What does FTA stand for?
FTA stands for Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FTA
We have 271 other meanings of FTA in our Acronym Attic
- Failure To Appear (in court)
- Failure to Authenticate
- Failure Tree Analysis
- Failure Trend Analysis
- Fair Trade Authority (online safety network)
- Fair Trials Abroad (legal rights; various locations)
- Fast Time Analyzer/Analysis
- Fast-Twich A
- Fault Tolerant Architecture (software)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Federal Transit Administration (US government)
- Federal Transit Authority
- Federation of Tax Administrators (IRS)
- Federazione del Terziario Avanzato (Italy)
- Feed the Addiction
- Ferrapie Transport Affrètement (French cleaning company)
- Festival Transamériques (Canadian festival)
- Field Technical Authority
- Field Terminal Assembly
- File Transfer Appliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
The four companies claimed the 1997 ordinance violated a number of state and federal laws, including the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996.
agreed with the city of Bristol that the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 preempted a Virginia law forbidding municipalities from providing commercial telecommunication services.
The federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 shifts the burden of proof to the incumbent carrier.