LaHood is expected to offer his insights on efforts underway to reauthorize the federal surface transportation program, as well as tools to finance transportation infrastructure.
What does FSTP stand for?
FSTP stands for Federal Surface Transportation Program
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSTP
We have 8 other meanings of FSTP in our Acronym Attic
- Film-compensated Super-Twisted Nematic
- Formulated Super Twisted Nematic
- Feature Space Trajectory with a New Distance Metric
- Fast Stochastics (financial software)
- Fixed-Stride Trie Optimization (computer algorithm)
- Flight Student Training Officer
- Forward Strategic Transportation Officer
- Fullerton Secondary Teachers Organization (Fullerton, CA)
- Free State Theatre Organ Society (Maryland)
- Facts Screening and Transforming Processor
- Field Service Technician Portal (software)
- Financial Services Transfer Pricing
- Five Seasons Transportation and Parking (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Foiled Shielded Twisted Pair (network cable)
- Food Security Thematic Programme (EU)
- Foreign Signaling Transfer Point (Sprint)
- Fraction-Specific Thermal Processing (food science)
- Full Season Ticket Plan (sporting events)
- Full Spectrum Threat Protection (Army)
- Forum Studi Transportasi Antar Perguruan Tinggi (Indonesian Inter University Transportation Studies Forum)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In our recent report and in 2005, we concluded that there is a need to (1) clearly establish federal objectives and clear roles for all stakeholders (federal, regional, state, and local governments and freight, commuter, and passenger railroads); (2) clearly identify expected outcomes; (3) base decisions on reliable ridership and other forecasts to determine the viability of high speed rail projects; and (4) include high speed rail in a reexamination of other federal surface transportation programs to clarify federal goals and roles, link funding to needs and performance, and reduce modal stovepipes that hinder the financing of transportation improvements with the greatest potential for improving mobility.
A number of principles can help guide the assessment of proposals to restructure and fund federal surface transportation programs.
Legislation to extend federal surface transportation programs was adopted by several Senate committees before Congress left in December but did not address the truck weight issue.