Roosevelt signed the Federal Power Act, which charged the Federal Power Commission with overseeing interstate electricity sales.
What does FPA stand for?
FPA stands for Federal Power Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FPA
We have 268 other meanings of FPA in our Acronym Attic
- Family Planning Association (UK)
- Family Planning Australia
- Family Practice Associates (various locations)
- Fancy Pants Adventures (game)
- Far Point of Accommodation (ophthalmology)
- Fast Packet Adaption
- Faye, Pollack & Associates, Inc
- Federação Paulista de Automobilismo (Brazil)
- Federal Pesticide Act
- Federal Physicians Association
- Federal Property & Administrative Services Act
- Federal Provincial Agreement for Chicken (Canada)
- FedEx Pilots Association
- Fee Protection Agreement
- Fibrinopeptide A
- Field Premium Auditor
- Final Power Amplifier
- Financial Planners Association
- Financial Planning Association (Association of CFPs)
- Fine and Performing Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
The petitioners pointed out that, after the passage of the Federal Power Act in 1935, (8) local utilities had provided transmission service to retail customers as part of their sales of electricity, and that states had therefore historically regulated all aspects of such retail sales.
Require FERC to initiate a proceeding under the Federal Power Act to determine whether wholesale power prices in the West are unjust and unreasonable.
Army Corps of Engineers; the great electric power administrations, such as the Tennessee Valley Authority; and the Federal Power Act of 1920.
5) FERC's uncertainty about its jurisdiction revolves around amendments made to the FWPA over sixty years ago, in 1935, that renamed the FWPA the Federal Power Act (FPA).