Obama wants Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour from $7.
What does FMW stand for?
FMW stands for Federal Minimum Wage (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FMW
We have 24 other meanings of FMW in our Acronym Attic
- Fair Market Value in Continued Use (appraisal of personal property equipment)
- Forum Marocain pour la Vérité et la Justice (French: Moroccan Forum for Truth and Justice)
- Faculty of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (University of Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Fluid Merging Viscosity Measurement (US NASA)
- Festivals of Male Voice Praise (est. 1935)
- Forearm Muscle Vascular Resistance
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard
- Failure Mode Verification Testing (Entela, Engineering and Testing Laboratories of Grand Rapids, MI, USA)
- Full-Motion Video Teleconferencing
- Fanfare Media Works Inc. (Valencia, CA)
- First Mile Wireless
- Freezer Meal Workshop
- Fresh Melt Water (Philadelphia Streetwear clothing brand)
- Friends Meeting of Washington (Washington, DC)
- Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (Japan)
- Frosted Mini Wheats (breakfast cereal)
- Full Metal Wrestling (online wrestling group)
- Fundamental Modulation Waveform
- Fusion Middleware
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: The Register-Guard President Obama's call to raise the federal minimum wage highlights the widening gap between the national level and the minimum wages in states such as Oregon, which have laws requiring annual inflation adjustments.
The federal minimum wage will increase again in July 2009 to $7.
Last July, the first increase in a decade in the Federal minimum wage took effect.
A recently approved 70-cent increase in the federal minimum wage took effect July 24.
That is the longest period without an increase since the federal minimum wage was created in 1938.