Without your time, energy and support, our nation's federal highway system would not survive," the association said in a statement.
What does FHS stand for?
FHS stands for Federal Highway System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FHS
We have 179 other meanings of FHS in our Acronym Attic
- Falmouth Historical Society
- Family Health Survey
- Family Healthcare Services (various locations)
- Family History Center
- Family Home Service
- Family Home Service (various organizations)
- Farmington High School (Farmington, NM)
- Farrington High School (Kalihi, Oahu, Hawaii)
- Faster, Higher, Stronger
- Fayetteville High School (Fayetteville, Arkansas)
- Fédération Haïtienne de Ski (French: Haitian Ski Federation)
- Feinstein High School (Providence, RI)
- Fellow of the Heraldry Society
- Fenton High School (Fenton, MI, USA)
- Ferndale High School
- Fernley High School (Fernley, NV)
- Fetal Heart Sounds
- Fetal Hydantoin Syndrome
- Field High School (Suffield, OH)
- File Hierarchy Standard
Samples in periodicals archive:
Back home, in the decades following Uncle Sam's first dance with the Saudi princes, government subsidized a petroleum-dependent infrastructure, creating automobile-centered suburbs connected by a massive federal highway system.
The government spends one hundred billion per year on the federal highway system.
4 cents per gallon federal tax, unchanged in more than 10 years, essentially pays for the upkeep and expansion of the federal highway system.
He noted that vehicle miles per year on the federal highway system increased 100 percent between 1970 and 1995.