Hazard and precautionary labeling practices are strictly regulated by OSHA under its Hazard Communication Standard (Industrial Products), the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (Consumer Products), and by the U.
What does FHSA stand for?
FHSA stands for Federal Hazardous Substances Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FHSA
We have 22 other meanings of FHSA in our Acronym Attic
- Frequency Hopping Sequence
- Frequency Hopping Synchronization (Bluetooth)
- Fresno High School (Fresno, California)
- Friends of Hellenic Studies (New Jersey)
- Friendswood High School (Friendswood, Texas)
- Fuel Handling System
- Fulton High School
- Functional Health Status (healthcare measurement)
- Family Health Service Authority
- Family History Society of Arizona
- Federal Highway Safety Act
- First Home Saver Account (Australia)
- Florida Home Studies and Adoption
- Family Health Services Appeal Authority (UK)
- Florida High School Activities Association
- Florida High School Athletic Association
- Family History Society of Buchan (charity; UK)
- Federation of Bread Producers and Confectioners in Bulgaria
- Fountain Hills School Board (Arizona)
- Family History Society of Cheshire (Cheshire, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air fresheners, laundry products and other consumer specialty products are regulated under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act and subsequently have strict labeling requirements.
A Center for Safety in the Arts (CSA) report titled "Children's Art Supplies Can Be Toxic" explains that the Federal Hazardous Substances Act allowed some products to be labeled "nontoxic" while not considering the potential for chronic health hazards to children.
5) Stevenson's letter pointed out that in making an "unreasonable risk" finding under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA), Commissioners should look to legal precedent.