He developed and established a testing procedure for evaluation of food-grade corn, established a testing protocol for screening soybeans for use in tofu and soy food markets and worked with the USDA to establish corn stress crack testing in Federal Grain Inspection Service standards.
What does FGIS stand for?
FGIS stands for Federal Grain Inspection Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FGIS
We have 4 other meanings of FGIS in our Acronym Attic
- Fonds de Garantie a L'Initiative des Femmes (French: Women's Initiative Guarntee Fund)
- Federasi Guru Independen Indonesia
- Friede Goldman International, Inc. (marine engineers)
- Float Glass India Ltd. (Bombay, India)
- Function Graph Integer Linear Program
- Florida Government Information Locator Service
- Federated Global Investment Management Corp (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Forest Grove Indoor Playground (Forest Grove, OR)
- Federal Government Information Processing Council
- Federation of Government Information Processing Councils
- Ferguson Green Insurance Services (UK)
- Fiesta Gardens International School (San Mateo, CA)
- French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Fluorescent Genomic in Situ Hybridization
- Funding Guide for International Science and Technology Cooperation (Canada)
- First Global Investment Trust Co. Ltd. (Taiwan; est. 1992)
- National Forum for Geosciences Information Technology (US NSF)
- Fastest Gun in the West
- Franklin-Grand Isle United Way
- Federal Grand Jury
Samples in periodicals archive:
To help remedy the problem, in 1985, Congress ordered USDA's Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) to develop an objective system of wheat classification.
USDA's Federal Grain Inspection Service is responsible for inspecting and grading the grain.