federal appeals court decided that a 3 percent federal excise tax on cell phone usage is illegal.
What does FET stand for?
FET stands for Federal Excise Tax
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FET
We have 88 other meanings of FET in our Acronym Attic
- FastIron Edge Switch X-Series (internet technology equipment; Brocade product)
- Facilities Electrical Team
- Facilities Engineering Team
- Fair and Equitable Treatment (Bilateral Investment Treaty; international law)
- Falange Española Tradicionalista (Spanish political party)
- Familial Essential Tremor
- Fast Ethernet Transceiver
- Federal Election Tribunal
- Federal Electoral Tribunal judiciary For electoral misconducts)
- Fédération Espérantiste du Travail (French: Esperanto Federation of Labor)
- Female Engagement Team (US Marine Corps)
- FICS Ethics Test
- Field Effect Transistor
- Field Engineering Team
- Field Engineering Training
- Field Evaluation Trial
- Field-Effect Transistor
- Fighter Engine Team
- Financial Economic Theory (Society of Actuaries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earlier this year, Radioshack Corporation filed suit on behalf of itself and all similarly situated taxpayers seeking refunds of overpaid federal excise tax on the ground that the tax was erroneously applied by the Internal Revenue Service to long-distance telephone services that were charged based on a flat rate per minute or other unit of time and without regard to the distance of each call.
5 cents of the federal excise tax paid on ethanol-blended fuels is held in the government's general fund instead of being transferred to the HTF.
The National Beer Wholesalers Association reports that efforts to rollback the Federal excise tax on beer "continue to gain momentum in Congress.
The House recently passed legislation to repeal the three-percent federal excise tax on telephone use, which all Americans pay on every phone bill they receive.