The Federal Communications Commission bans telemarketers from calling mobile phones.
What does FCC stand for?
FCC stands for Federal Communications Commission (USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FCC
We have 548 other meanings of FCC in our Acronym Attic
- Farm Credit Corporation of Canada (government)
- Farm Credit Council, Inc. (Washington, DC, USA)
- Farmers' Contact Center (Philippines)
- Farsley Cricket Club (UK)
- Fast Communications Controller (HDLC and/or Fast Ethernet port controller)
- Faujdarhat Cadet College
- Fault-Current Controller (superconductor)
- Federal Capital Contribution
- Federal Cartridge Company
- Federal Character Commission (Nigeria)
- Federal Competition Commission (Mexico)
- Federal Computer Conference
- Federal Constitutional Court (Germany)
- Federal Coordinating Center (NDMS)
- Federal Coordinating Committee (various organizations)
- Federal Correctional Complex
- Federal Council of Churches
- Federation of Cocoa Commerce, Ltd.
- Feline Conservation Center (Rosamond, California)
- Fellowship of Christian Cheerleaders (Lawrenceville, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In another twisted outgrowth of the 1996 Telecom Act, a federal appeals court rules that the Federal Communications Commission erred in exempting advanced data services from the requirement that Bell companies sell their services "unbundled" from other pricey add-ons.
Echoing the phone company lobbyists who opposed the bill, Wright said the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - not the state - controls the distribution of phone numbers.
commends the Federal Communications Commission for its recent actions to allow consumers continued access to cable programming through Digital Cable Ready (DCR) televisions.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reported that long-distance prices fell nearly 19 percent from 1992 to 1995.