Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- The US Federal Aviation Agency plans to inspect more than 1,000 Boeing 737 airplanes to check for corrosion of pins which could be a safety concern.
What does FAA stand for?
FAA stands for Federal Aviation Agency (US government, pre-1967 name of the Federal Aviation Administration)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAA
We have 310 other meanings of FAA in our Acronym Attic
- Future Audit 3.0 (software)
- Flight Attendants for Union Democracy (Association for Union Democracy; workers union)
- Angolan Armed Forces
- Faith Arts Academy (Silver Spring, MD)
- Family Allowance, Class A
- Fatal Accidents Act (Canada)
- Fatty Acid Amine
- Federación Agraria Argentina (Spanish: Argentina Agricultural Federation; Argentina)
- Federal Arbitration Act
- Federal Aviation Administration (US government)
- Fédération Algérienne d'Athlétisme (French: Algerian Athletics Federation; Algeria)
- Fédération des Auto-Écoles Agréées (French: Federation of Motorbikes; Belgium)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science (also seen as FAAS)
- Filipino-American Association (various locations)
- Filipinos for Affirmative Action (Oakland, CA)
- Filled Aperture Antenna
- Financial Administration Act (Canada)
- Financial Aid Administrator (various organizations)
- Financial Aid Advisor
- Financial Assistance Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 (Saba) -- Russian airlines have evacuated 3,332 Russian tourists from riot-hit Egypt on a volunteer basis, the Russian Federal Aviation Agency (Rosturism) said on Friday.
He worked many years for the Federal Aviation Agency in Washington DC.
Take air travel: the Federal Aviation Agency uses GPS to separate aircraft.
A review of Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) operations found problems with displays in Chicago, Denver and other sites.
Although it is part of the Homeland Security Department, the law creating TSA gives it the same exemptions from the Federal Acquisition Regulation as the Federal Aviation Agency has.