New GM crops it has pressed to build on South Africa's main maize and cotton GM crops include sweet potatoes in Kenya, which are resistant to the feathery mottle virus and also disease-resistant bananas.
What does FMV stand for?
FMV stands for Feathery Mottle Virus (plant disease)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FMV
We have 27 other meanings of FMV in our Acronym Attic
- Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo (Portuguese: Faculty of Medicine University of Sao Paulo; Brazil)
- Federation of Malaysian Unit Trust Managers
- Face Mask Ventilator
- Faculté de Médecine Vétérinaire (French: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine; various locations)
- Faijat Mailan Varressa (Finnish sports league)
- Fair Market Value
- Fakulta Medzinárodných Vztahov (Slovak: Faculty of International Relations)
- Family of Military Vehicles
- Fan Made Video
- Fast-Moving Vehicle
- Fédération Musicale Vosgienne
- Feyziye Mektepleri Vakfi (Turkey)
- Finesse Move (gaming)
- Fonds Municipal Vert (French: Green Municipal Fund)
- For Maximum Value (King Soopers brand)
- For My Vehicle (OnStar Corporation)
- Forces Motrices Valaisannes (Swiss electric company)
- Foreign Market Value
- Forest of Marston Vale (UK)
- Försvarets Materielverk (Swedish Defence Materiel Administration; Procurement agency for the Swedish armed forces)
Samples in periodicals archive:
 The GM sweet potatoes, modified to be resistant to the feathery mottle virus, were as vulnerable to the virus as ordinary varieties, and sometimes their yield was lower.