I was also lucky to play a lot with Stephane Grappelli, and the second half being Fats Waller that's exactly the era of Hot Club de Paris and Grappelli's group.
What does FW stand for?
FW stands for Fats Waller (pianist/composer)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FW
We have 31 other meanings of FW in our Acronym Attic
- Farmville Regional Airport (airport code, VA)
- Fountain Valley Youth Baseball (California)
- Fox Valley Youth Hockey Association (Neenah, WI)
- Fraser Valley Zone Festival (Canada)
- Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency (humor website)
- Freier Verband Zahntechnischer Laboratorien (German: Free Technical Association of Dental Laboratories)
- Faceoffs Won (hockey)
- Fairway Wood (golf club)
- Far Westerns (United States Swimming meet)
- Fates Warning (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Norman Stinchcombe NIGEL KENNEDY Symphony Hall Kennedy's programme notes proclaimed his desire that this concert, nominally devoted to the music of Bach and Fats Waller, should not "become chronically serious".
The concerts, including the performance at Birmingham's Symphony Hall, will see him take on baroque and jazz, combining the music of JS Bach and Fats Waller with the aim of bringing the two diverse musical styles to new audiences.
com Swing Cafe is a children's picturebook with a heavy jazz appreciation theme, accompanied by a music CD filled with classic recordings from great jazz artists such as Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, and Fats Waller.
MUSIC lover George Smith liked nothing more than listening to Liberace and Fats Waller tickling the ivories.
Fats Waller popped up with Ain't Misbehavin' along with more Gershwin and Jerome Kern's All the Things You are and Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, both arranged by Billy Mayerl.