Related diseases The TSE family of diseases includes bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), which affects cattle; transmissible mink encephalopathy; feline spongif0rm encephalopathy; chronic wasting disease of deer and elk; and kuru, both classical and variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker syndrome, and fatal familial insomnia, five rare diseases in humans.
What does FFI stand for?
FFI stands for Fatal Familial Insomnia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFI
We have 125 other meanings of FFI in our Acronym Attic
- Fried Food Holding Station (Merco; Fort Wayne, IN)
- Fuel-Fired Heating Source
- Fast Frequency-Hopping Spread-Spectrum
- Fast Fourier Hankel Transform
- Fast-Frequency-Hopping Training Net (US DoD)
- Flex Fuel Hybrid Vehicle
- Frasier Fir Hand Wash
- Failure to Follow Instructions
- Faith Freedom International
- Family Firm Institute, Inc.
- Fauna and Flora International
- Fee for Intervention (Health and Safety Executive; UK)
- Fer Forgé Industrie (French: Wrought Iron Industry)
- Festival Film Indonesia
- Fiber Fuels Institute
- Fight for Independence (gaming)
- Film Federation of India (India)
- Film Finances, Inc. (various locations)
- Financial Fraud Institute
- Fire Facilities, Inc. (Sun Prairie, WI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abstract: Fatal familial insomnia (FFI) is an inherited disease caused by a mutation in the protein prion gene.
Fatal familial insomnia and familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: disease phenotype determined by a DNA polymorphism.