Most of the insulin resistant patients were postmenopausal but, interestingly, most of them had fasting plasma glucose and/or fasting plasma levels in the normal range.
What does FPG stand for?
FPG stands for Fasting Plasma Glucose
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FPG
We have 80 other meanings of FPG in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Positive Force Transient
- Formation Professionnelle et Formation Technique (French: Vocational and Technical Training)
- First Patient First Visit
- Frente Popular Francisco Villa (Spanish: Francisco Villa Popular Front; Mexico)
- Frente Popular Francisco Villa Independiente (Spanish: Independent Francisco Villa Popular Front)
- Facility Protection Group
- Faculty Professional Growth (various locations)
- Fair Play Gaming (online community)
- Fantasy Points per Game (fantasy sports statistic)
- Farm Products Guide
- Federação Portuguesa de Golfe (Portuguese: Portuguese Golf Federation)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Poverty Guidelines (US)
- Federal Preparedness Guide (US FEMA)
- Fédération Polynésienne de Golf (French: Polynesian Golf Federation; Tahiti, French Polynesia)
- Field Procedures Guide
- Financial Planning Group
- Financial Products Group (Japan)
- finite parity game
- Flight Planning Guidance (weather)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fasting plasma glucose and other factors were measured upon enrollment and those with glucose levels of 110 mg/dL (classified as impaired fasting hyperglycemia by the World Health Organization) or higher were excluded.
Higher normal fasting plasma glucose is associated with hippocampal atrophy: the PATH Study.
Over the preceding nine years, their fasting plasma glucose levels and hemoglobin A1C (HbA1c, a measure of blood glucose control over time) had been tracked.
They used the EVA study data, which is a 9 year longitudinal study (1389 male and female subjects, aged 59-71 years), which measured fasting plasma glucose was at baseline, 2, 4 and 9 years.
When added to the common diabetes pill metformin, dapagliflozin cut both levels of both glycosylated hemoglobin--an indication of glucose concentration in the blood--and fasting plasma glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes after 24 weeks, hitting both its main and secondary targets.
We evaluated the association of serum selenium, measured by inductively coupled plasma-dynamic reaction cell-mass spectrometry, and diabetes, defined as a self-report of current use of hypoglycemic agents or insulin or as fasting plasma glucose [greater than or equal to] 126 mg/dL.
has announced that MB07803 met its primary efficacy endpoint with results demonstrating a statistically and clinically significant reduction in fasting plasma glucose (FPG) at day 28 in its Phase 2a clinical trial.