Plasma glucose, insulin, fasting lipid profiles, inflammatory markers and cytokines, and oxidative stress markers were measured at baseline, day 7, day 28, and day 84.
What does FLP stand for?
FLP stands for Fasting Lipid Profile (lab test)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FLP
We have 108 other meanings of FLP in our Acronym Attic
- Fluorine/Liquid Oxygen
- Low Nox Flox Combustor for High Efficiency Gas Turbines (flameless oxidation combustor; EU project)
- Facility Layout Problem
- Faith and Life Press (Newton, KS)
- Fake Login Page (phishing technique)
- Family Law Project (various locations)
- Family Limited Partnership
- Family Literacy Project (various locations)
- Family Living Program (various locations)
- Fast Link Pulse
- Fault Location Panel
- Feel Lucky Punk? (Quake2 gaming clan)
- Festival Leisure Park (shopping centre in Basildon, Essex, England)
- Fighting Landplane (US Navy)
- Fiji Labor Party
- Final Layer Painting
- Financial Law Panel
- Financial Literacy Program (various organizations)
- Finishing Line Press (Georgetown, KY)
- Fixed Log Periodical
Samples in periodicals archive:
If I have a good suspicion or find abnormalities--[I include] fasting glucose and insulin and a fasting lipid profile," she said.
For many years, standard procedure has been to use a fasting lipid profile to calculate cardiovascular risk, but this practice has never been demonstrated to be superior to the use of nonfasting samples.
in Table 1: Fasting Lipid Profiles of Patient's Parents and the patient (after one & a half months of treatment).
Deleterious effects of omitting breakfast on insulin sensitivity and fasting lipid profiles in healthy lean women," Am J Clin Nutr, February 2005.
The most obvious advantage of nonfasting rather than fasting lipid profile measurements is that the blood-sampling process is simplified for patients as well as for general practitioners and hospitals.