The Philippine Navy deployed the corvettes BRPs Magat Salamat and Miguel Malvar, the fast patrol craft Salvador Abcede, and the coastal patrol craft Teotimo Figuracion, while the Philippine Coast Guard sent BRP Pampanga for the joint war-games.
What does PTF stand for?
PTF stands for Fast Patrol Craft
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PTF
We have 140 other meanings of PTF in our Acronym Attic
- Plumbing Trades Employees Union (Australia)
- Primary Test of Economic Understanding
- Profesor Titular de Escuela Universitaria (Spanish: University Responsible Professor)
- Professional Teacher Education Unit
- Public Transport Enforcement Unit (South Africa)
- Publishing/Textbooks Uidx
- Punjab Tourism Employees Union
- Percutaneous Transhepatic Embolization of Varices (radiology)
- Programs for the Theological Exploration of Vocation (Indianapolis, IN)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Energetyki Wiatrowej (Polish: Polish Wind Energy Association; Gdansk, Poland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kuwait is on way to acquiring frigates and fast patrol crafts.
The Coast Guard's fast patrol craft Subhadra Kumari Chauhan was immediately sent with adequate repair facilities, submersible pumps and divers to extend help to the ship in distress, he said.
They will use fast patrol craft to try to attack ships as they are moored or leave the Clyde in a stark reminder of the bombing of the USS Cole.
The fast patrol craft or "Swift Boat" he was aboard hit a mine and Rassmann was thrown into the water.
One mortar/machine gun combination was mounted on various coastal patrol and riverine craft, including fast patrol craft or "Swift boats," Point-class Coast Guard cutters, river monitors (modified LCM-6 landing craft, mechanized), assault support patrol boats, Osprey-class fast patrol torpedo boats, and Asheville-class patrol gunboats.
SUE MOORE, COMMANDING OFFICER OF HMS DASHER, ROYAL NAVY Salary: lieutenants earn from pounds 26,000 to pounds 31,000 `We can't wear skirts on board, not with all those ladders to climb,' says Lieutenant Sue Moore, who at 31 is the only woman in the Royal Navy in command of a vessel - a 20-metre fast patrol craft, HMS Dasher, which is used for coastal protection, NATO exercises and training.