Northern Ireland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands are sending U16 teams to Wales for a round-robin tournament.
What does FRO stand for?
FRO stands for Faroe Islands (ISO Country code)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FRO
We have 76 other meanings of FRO in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Reconfiguration of Network Topology (networks)
- Focus-Reduction Neutralization Test
- Frontier Airlines
- Front Runners New York
- Family Reports of New Zealand (family law book; New Zealand)
- Fellowship of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology
- Faculty Research Office (various schools)
- Family Readiness Officer (US Marine Corps)
- Family Responsibility Office (Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services; Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Romania, Montenegro and the Faroe Islands are also in the group after yesterday's draw in Switzerland.
THE Government yesterday challenged Iceland and the Faroe Islands to back down in a bitter fishing dispute already dubbed the "mackerel war".
Summary: Charge against local chiefs of police on Faroe Islands Faroe Islands/Germany) At the beginning of August 2010 the two whale-protection activists Juergen Ortmueller of theWhale and Dolphin-Protection-Forum (WDSF) and Andreas Morlok of PROWAL accessed the Faroe Islands situated in the North Atlantic disguised as anglers.
AROUND 20 fishermen staged a protest at Peterhead harbour yesterday after a crew from the Faroe Islands tried to offload almost 900 tonnes of mackerel.
ISTANBUL, Jul 21, 2010 (TUR) -- Besiktas soccer team of Turkey will play against Vikingur of Faroe Islands in a return match on Thursday as part of the second qualifying round of UEFA Europa League.