history, is not accompanied by a significant analysis of organizing campaigns in other regions such as the Texas Farm Workers and the Farm Labor Organizing Committee in the Midwest.
What does FLOC stand for?
FLOC stands for Farm Labor Organizing Committee
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FLOC
We have 8 other meanings of FLOC in our Acronym Attic
- For Lack of a Better Term (internet chat)
- For Lack Of A Better Word
- First Lady of Arkansas
- Family Latino Outreach & Addictions Treatment (Portland, OR)
- Fibre-Linked Optical Array Telescope
- Far Lands or Bust (gaming)
- Flex On BSP (SAP BSP extension elements)
- Floral Art Object
- Free Loading Oxygen Breather
- Frei Literarisch Orientierte Beiträge (German online humanities journal)
- Federated Logic Conference
- Flag Letter of Commendation (US DoD)
- For Love of Children
- Force Logistics Operation Center
- Fort Lee Officers Club
- Fuzzy Logic Object-Based Classifier
- For the Love of Cats and Kittens (cat sanctuary)
- Fast Lube Oil Change System
- Flo Computer Services (UK)
- Florida League of Christian Schools (Lakeland, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The workers, with help from the Immigrant Worker Project nearby, first tried to find backing from major unions like the Farm Labor Organizing Committee and the United Food and Commercial Workers.
Groups such as Association for Children for Enforcement of Support (ACES) helped strengthen child-support enforcement, and the Farm Labor Organizing Committee secured better working conditions for migrant laborers and their families.
Baldemar Velasquez of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee characterizes the mainstream's failings in regard to pesticides as follows: The environmental groups are not responding to try to right the wrongs and change the motivation of industry, which is greed and profit at the expense of everyone.
That boycott is spearheaded by the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC), which organizes cucumber pickers in North Carolina.
Another is Baldemar Velasquez, the founder and president of the Toledo, Ohio-based Farm Labor Organizing Committee -- FLOC -- the group that last month publicly announced plans to lead an effort to improve wages, living and working conditions for the estimated 7,000 migrant workers who harvest the state's annual cucumber crop.