The part he has ceded to hard-line elements of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front is seeking to carry out the Bolivarian, Chavista game-plan, including implacable hostility toward the US government.
What does FMLN stand for?
FMLN stands for Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FMLN
We have 2 other meanings of FMLN in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Markets Lawyers Group (New York, NY)
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Financial Markets Law International (UK)
- Forms and Menu Language Interpreter
- Front Moro de Libération Islamique (French: Moro Islamic Liberation Front; Philippines)
- Farmers' Mutual Life Limited (insurance; New Zealand)
- Fayetteville-Manlius Little League (New York)
- Fuerza Mexicana de Lucha Libre (Spanish: Mexican Wrestling Force)
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (UK)
- Flora M. Laird Memorial Library (Myrtle Point, OR)
- National Liberation Party (El Salvador)
- Family Medical Leave of Absence
- Financial Management Line of Business
- Full MILSTAR LDR Operational Capabilities
- Försvarsmaktens Logistik (Sweden)
- Federal Ministry of Labour & Productivity (Nigeria)
- Financial Management Leadership Program (US DoD)
- Formyl Methionyl-Leucyl-Proline
- Formyl-Methionine-Leucine-Phenylalanine (bacterial chemotactic peptide)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the time, a civil war raged in the small Pacific coast country between the government and left wing guerilla groups led by the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front.
When Salvadorans elected Mauricio Funes of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN) as president on March 15, they sided with a different political party than the one that has been in power for the past 20 years.
Following the 1992 peace accords that ended the war, the leftist rebellion of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN) transformed itself into a political party.
Speaking at a convention of his Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, Funes said, "We are going to open diplomatic relations with our Cuban brothers and their government.
District Attorney's office, MS-13 was formed when former members of the native Salvadoran gang La Mara joined forces with rebels from the Communist Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMNL).
Legislators from right-wing ruling party Arena and its allies on the right and center-left voted in favor of the loans, opposed only by the leftist Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, which rejects taking the country into further debt; This year, El Salvador has increased its domestic and international debt by US$402 million as part of a previously approved plan that would allow the country to place up to $542 million on international debt markets.