348 QB883 One hundred-plus papers from the August 2004 conference review discoveries made by NASA's far ultraviolet spectroscopic explorer (FUSE) mission during its first five years of operations.
What does FUSE stand for?
FUSE stands for Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (NASA mission)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FUSE
We have 21 other meanings of FUSE in our Acronym Attic
- Full Usage of Sub-Channels
- Family Unity for Sustainable Development (Nigeria)
- First Unit Start Date (production scheduling)
- First Unitarian Society of Denver (Denver, CO)
- Flagstaff Unified School District (Flagstaff, AZ, USA)
- Fontana Unified School District (Fontana, CA, USA)
- Fremont Unified School District (Fremont, CA, USA)
- Fresno Unified School District
- Federation Unifiee Self Defense Arts Martiaux (French: Unified Federation of Martial Arts Self-Defense)
- Forward Up Starboard Down Aft Port
- Featured US Exporters
- Federal Union of Scientists and Engineers
- Federation of Unified School Employees
- Filesystem in Userspace
- Find, Use, Share, and Expand
- Foundation for Undergraduate Student Entrepreneurs
- Foundation for Upgrading the Standard of Education
- Fund for Undergraduate Student Excellence
- French-US Exchange in Dance (French American Cultural Exchange; New York, NY)
- Firefighters United for Safety, Ethics and Ecology (Eugene, OR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
14 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientists using NASA's Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer, or FUSE, have discovered far more "heavy" hydrogen in our Milky Way galaxy than expected, a finding that could radically alter theories about star and galaxy formation.
Spectrographs aboard the Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer and the Hubble Space Telescope are ideal for such studies, says Savage.
It has been used in many space exploration programs including the Chandra X-Ray Observatory, Hubble Space Telescope, Compton Gamma Ray Observatory, Microwave Anisotropy Probe (MAP), Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), and the Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE).
With the Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE) satellite, Tripp and other colleagues found an additional absorption feature, they note in an upcoming issue of the same journal.
SCL provides autonomous embedded command & control capabilities for the recently launched Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE) spacecraft, allowing FUSE to perform astronomical observations autonomously for periods of 24 hours or more.
The Delta team has launched three NASA spacecraft this year in addition to Mars Polar Lander: STARDUST, Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE), and LANDSAT-7.
Month Event January Lunar Prospector March Transition Region and Coronal Explorer July Deep Space 1 Sattelite de Aplicaciones Cientificas-A August Topographic Experiment using Radiative Recombinative Ionospheric EUV and Radio Sources Planet B September Wide-Field Infrared Explorer October Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer Flight test of a cryogenic cooler for the Hubble Space Telescope's infrared camera November Advanced X-ray Astrophysics Facility December Mars 98 Orbiter